1. Meryl Streep (The Post) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actress 2018
Net Worth: $85m USD
As a versatile and well-respected actress, Meryl Streep played a leading role in The Post, which is a thriller produced and directed by Steven Spielberg.
2. Saoirse Ronan (Lady Bird) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actress 2018
Net Worth: $2.5m USD
Ronan has already won a Golden Globe 2018 for her title role in Lady Bird. As a talented 23-year-old Irish actress, Ronan seems to be enjoying her intercontinental acting career very well.
3. Sally Hawkins (The Shape of Water) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actress 2018
Net Worth: $3m USD
Sally Hawkins is an English actress and is well-known for her role in the hugely popular Paddington series. Her portrayal of Elisa is pretty outstanding in The Shape of Water, even the director of this film, Guillermo del Toro, believes that Hawkins has far more control over the character than people could have anticipated.
4. Frances McDormand (Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actress 2018
Net Worth: $10m USD
McDormand won the Oscar for Best Actress in 1997 for her role in Fargo and many movie critics believe that McDormand has now equaled that achievement with her stunning performance in Three Billboards.
5. Margot Robbie (I, Tonya) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actress 2018
Net Worth: $8m USD
As one of the 100 most influential people in the world named by Time magazine in 2017, Australian actress Margot Robbie gives a remarkable performance in I, Tonya.
6. Emma Stone (The Battle of the Sexes) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actress 2018
Net Worth: $28 USD
Emma Stone won the Oscar for Best Actress last year for her stunning performance in La La Land. However, this year, her portrayal of Billie Jean King in The Battle of the Sexes gives her more of an outside chance rather than being a frontrunner for the 2018 award.
7. Gary Oldman (The Darkest Hour) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actor 2018
Net Worth: $40m USD
Gary Oldman is considered a favorite to win the Best Actor Oscar 2018 for his portrayal of Winston Churchill in Darkest Hour. However, some critics think that Oldman’s racist speeches in the past might decrease his chances because extra scrutiny has been imposed on actors this awards season due to a series of Hollywood scandals last year.
8. Daniel Day-Lewis (Phantom Thread) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actor 2018
Net Worth: $52m USD
Daniel has won 3 Oscar Best Actor awards since 1989, making him the only male actor to have 3 wins in the lead actor category in history. Phantom Thread is reported to be this Hollywood legend’s last film.
9. Timotheé Chalamet (Call Me By Your Name) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actor 2018
Net Worth: $0.2m USD
Timotheé Chalamet is a relatively new face in the film industry. He was first seen in Interstellar in 2014. But it is the film, Call Me By Your Name that has catapulted him to sudden recognition and fame.
10. Daniel Kaluuya (Get Out) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actor 2018
Net Worth: $1m USD
Daniel Kaluuya is an English actor and writer. His outstanding performance in the horror film Get Out has earnt him numerous accolades and international recognition.
11. Tom Hanks (The Post) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actor 2018
Net Worth: $350m USD
There’s no doubt that Tom Hanks is a great actor and has had a marvelous acting career. Numerous films by him are well recognized internationally. This time he stars alongside Meryl Streep in The Post and once again delivers the goods.
12. James Franco (The Disaster Artist) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Actor 2018
Net Worth: $20m USD
James Franco won a Golden Globe in 2018, but sexual misconduct accusations might throw some cold water on his chances of an Oscar for Best Actor.
13. Allison Janney (I, Tonya) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Supporting Actress 2018
Net Worth: $4m USD
Allison Janney’s performance in I, Tonya is terrifying yet terrific. Her iconic turn as LaVona Golden, mother of Tonya Harding, has meant that critics and audiences alike can’t stop raving about her.
14. Octavia Spencer (The Shape of Water) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Supporting Actress 2018
Net Worth: $8m USD
Some critics believe that Octavia Spencer is on the cusp of winning her third Oscar nomination for her performance as Zelda Fuller in Shape of Water. Black women have always been underrepresented in Hollywood. If Spencer receives a nomination this time, she will be the second black actress who has earnt three Oscar nominations.
15. Willem Dafoe (The Florida Project) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Supporting Actor 2018
Net Worth: $25m USD
Willem Dafoe is the only veteran in the cast of The Florida Project. When talking about working alongside non-professional actors, Dafoe said, “I wanted to be a human being, not an actor.” His fine performance as Robby has generated Oscar buzz ahead of the awards season.
16. Michael Stuhlbarg (Call Me By Your Name) – Likely Winner of Oscar Best Supporting Actor 2018
Net Worth: $3m USD
Since Call Me By Your Name is a movie about youthful romance, you might not notice Michael Stuhlbarg who gives an understated but powerful performance as an amiable, bearded father. However critics love his performance, which is epitomized by the simple, fatherly and loving monologue that he uses to sum up the rich emotion of the movie.